Friday, September 28, 2012

my new obsession and our 1st family vacay

I don't have an iPhone. In fact, I'm using David's old phone because mine is on it's last leg, and I'm just patiently waiting for our renewal on October 25 (Greg's birthday! another reason to be excited!) so I can join the iWorld. Until then, I use David's phone as much as possible. 

We just got back from a quick vacation to Colorado. It was great. Exactly what we needed. Time for just the three of us to be together. Away from home. No dishes to clean or floors to vacuum. No agenda. 

Meanwhile, I discovered Instagram. Yeah, I know. I'm way, way behind the times. Whatever. I'm obsessed. So, I will post a few of my non-Instagramed photos of our trip too, but for now, here's a pretty good recap: 

Pearl Street Festival, yam chips, already so thankful we brought the BOB

Boulder Falls, Crawford freaking loved the moving water

playground playing, gorgeous weather, my sunglasses look geriatric 

Artist Point at Flagstaff Mountain, thanks for the new-to-us Bjorn, Grandma Cathy!

Boulder overlook

prunes for breakfast... why does this kid never poop? why am I complaining?

uhoh, I discovered collages

Crawford's preferred method of drinking water, picnic lunch at Horsetooth Reservoir 


best part of the trip- Ft. Collins and Hannah, seriously affectionate child we have here

en route to the airport, stopped at a fun playground in (appropriately named) Superior, CO 

3 comments:

SarahKL said...

Loved seeing your instagram pictures this week! Glad you guys had a blast - it looked BEAUTIFUL!!

Casey Cunningham said...

Super cute pictures! Love the instagram app, I am obsessed too!

Katie May McKenna said...

Um, I'm jealous that you got to visit Colorado. Just kidding, I'm happy for y'all. But also kinda jealous. Jered and I spent 5 months in CO, working on a dude ranch, back in 2010. We freaking loved it. Also, your son is so, so, so cute. And last thing, I advise you to upgrade to the Ergo carrier soon. The Bjorn started KILLING my shoulders eventually. And you could wear him on your back, which is always super exciting.