Wednesday, September 12, 2012

adults live here too!

Since Crawford's arrival ye olde blog has been 99.9% about him. Rightly so since our lives look about the same these days. However, the two big people who live in this house have stuff going on too! I fail to mention it because the little man is the hot topic, but for the sake of recording our lives, here are a few comments about the rest of the Geyers in Chatt:
  • I spent a lot of time over the summer as wedding central. I sewed a lot for Mary Shelton's wedding, helped Becca (Hart) Cash with her wedding stuff and wrapped a zillion wine bottles in jute for Ashley's wedding. Now I've got a paid gig (yay! money!) to make curtain panels for a wedding in October.
  • Our house is officially OFF the market. After showing it FORTY - yes, four zero - times, we're calling it a day. In fact, I'm pretty excited about staying put. We feel like the Lord has really confirmed that this is where we are supposed to be, so how can we argue with that? 
  • My sister is getting married in 24 days! Whoa! I'm getting super excited about all the festivities (including spending time with a bunch of extended family and special friends), but I'm getting equally freaked out about giving my MOH speech.
  • In even bigger/better news, my sister and her then-will-be-husband are moving to Chattanooga in March!!! I'm begging Ash to work part time so she can hang out with me and Crawford the rest of the time :). We're all pretty pumped to live in the same town!!
  • David and I just celebrated our 27th birthdays, and though we're the youngest of our group of friends, we feel old since we're in our "late twenties" now. David may be the youngest guy in our group, but he's got the most grey hair :)
  • We're getting tons of use out of our BOB jogging stroller by going on lots of walks as a family. The weather is beautiful and we've been really enjoying the exercise and the quality time together after dinner every night. We have a 2 mile loop we usually walk, then after we come home and put C to bed, David runs the same route. I'm picking up the pace on my own a bit too, but I just remembered that I hate running. So, there's that.
  • Our small group took a hiatus over the summer to pray and refocus our time together. We just started this video series, and during our first session our conversation was rich. I love this group and our time together, so I'm thrilled to be back in the swing of things. Plus, we rearranged our meeting time and now we have childcare! Yay for time to actually focus on adult conversation.
  • I'm picking back up my ladies' Bible study at church and we're reading and discussing this book. I missed the first week, but I'm so ready to be back together with this group of women.
  • Also, David and I have started going to a parenting class that is teaching through this study. We're doing it with a bunch of our friends, so I'm really looking forward to learning together as we parent together!
  • This coming weekend is the first in TEN weeks that we aren't going out of town or have company coming to stay at our house. I cannot tell you how excited we are. Don't get me wrong, we've loved our busy summer, but it is high time for a break. Other than church and our parenting class, we have no plans and that is so refreshing! 
  • We have a fun trip coming up in just two weeks! While we have done plenty of going-out-of-town since Crawford came along, it has been primarily for the purpose of seeing our (all) out-of-town family (yay for that to change in March!!). It's time for the three of us to get away on our own and enjoy some family vacation time. We can't wait.
Whew! I'm surprised that list is so long. Usually when people ask how we're doing I automatically talk and think about Crawford, so it's nice to be reminded that David and I have a lot going on too. 

No comments: