Tuesday, November 16, 2010

lately...

I've been busy.

Happy, but busy. Life is so good right now, but blogging just hasn't been a priority. I do have a few posts I need to write, but mostly just so I'll have a good record of some fun times. I have to keep reminding myself, this blog is for me.

One thing that has been on my mind a lot lately is busyness. Everyone is busy with one thing or another (or a thousand things), but we all make time for what is important to us. Whether that is projects, your job, blogging, your husband, friends, volunteering, facebook, sleep, etc... whatever is most important to us most regularly gets accomplished.

And now, a few random thoughts on this Tuesday morning:
  • I'm loving the rain, but hating a) how dirty it makes my dog, b) how dirty it makes my floors and c) how much it makes me wish I was at home snuggled up with my hubby and a book (though my hubby would probably be playing with the iPad, not reading a book).
  • We are in the process of planning a fun post-Christmas, pre-New Year's getaway! Can't wait!
  • HOW is it nearly Thanksgiving already?? We'll be headed to Florida to visit David's parents in just one week. (Creepers: Don't even think about robbing us. Other people will be inhabiting our house while we're gone.)
  • Big kids eat a lot and make big messes. The Bryant kids (Patrick, John and Hayden) spent the night with us on Saturday. We had 4 spilled drinks/food on the carpet in a 12 hour period. However, because they are big and able-bodied, they do clean up very nicely.
  • I have been having so much fun selling Initials, Inc. Lots of parties, lots of orders, lots of fun people. Open house at my house tonight from 6-9pm! Come and visit!
  • The reminder that the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf has been a constant thought of mine lately. I guess I've been in a prayer rut, which has also kind of turned into a huge blessing. That sounds weird typing it out, but trust me- it's all good :)
26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. Romans 8:26-28

No comments: