Thursday, November 12, 2009

a few of my favorite things


As the weather turns colder, I am reminded of my favorite wintery things. Yes, I love the holidays, but I have a few favorite clothing items that get me excited about bundling up.

Disclaimer: I have no fashion sense. none. I love these items purely because of the comfort they provide.


David surprised me with this vest last winter (I had been eyeing it for years) and I hardly take it off. I'm wearing it right now over my sweater at work (totally doesn't go together). It is the perfect weight to add to any longsleeved shirt- and it's super warm too!



Patagonia Women's R 1.5
(apparently they don't make this anymore...)
I got this when we had a pro deal with Patagonia at camp (1/2 off!) and am so glad I did. Mine has started to get pilly and dingy, but I don't even care. It is the best pullover ever. Lightweight enough that you can wear it spring and fall, but heavy duty enough that it does provide some serious warmth.




Long-sleeved tshirts
I love wearing long-sleeved tshirts. This is my favorite one, and I can't believe I'm showing it to you. I got this shirt on a youth trip to Awanita in 2001. It wasn't even a great trip (in fact, the only thing I remember from the trip was the death-defying Hummer ride up a mountain that I hated every second of), but it was worth it for the tshirt. Now, 8 years later this shirt has seen lots of love, and it has the holey sleeves to prove it. Sometimes it isn't the source of the shirt that you love, but when you find a shirt that fits you just right and feels just right you can't help but love it (right, SaraZ?).

What are your favorite things to wear when winter arrives?

1 comment:

Ginny said...

AMEN to the R.15!!! and thanks to Bo Towns for the pro-deal. if there were a fire in my house, i would grab my R.15 and RUN.