Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm Emily, Cathy's son David's wife

Our trip to Ohio, though way too short, was a great one. We got in late Friday night, and started seeing folks first thing Saturday morning. We had breakfast with the wonderful Becca Hart and SO enjoyed visiting with her. Our dogs loved it too!

After Becca's, the Johnsons came over to hang out and we all joined up with Mike for lunch at Skyline (a must when we are in town) and some ice cream. We squeezed in an afternoon nap before heading to David's grandparents' house for a pre-reunion reunion. David's great uncle Oty and great aunt Lois were in town from Westport, Connecticut. David loves Uncle Oty, and I hadn't met them before, so we were really looking forward to their visit.

Sunday was the reunion. Ah, family reunions! Cathy helped me understand who was who by drawing out the family tree, but I'm not sure I have them all figured out. This reunion was of all the family from David's grandpa's parents (the Crawfords & Pikens). Cathy was tired of only seeing people at funerals, so she herded the bunch together. It was a beautiful day with lots of family and tons of food!
cutest Grandma ever award!

And now... on to another week...

1 comment:

Sara said...

It was you I passed in Oxford! I saw your car and said, I think that is David and Emily... it was... you tricksters. :)