Monday, July 27, 2009

best weekend ever

Ok, I know I give all you blog readers (HI KP! I didn't know you were a reader!) a bunch of weekend-in-review posts, but this should be the post to top all others. Why, you ask? Because this weekend was the best!!!

I know I'm a little over-excited, but David and I had the most fun weekend we've had since we've been married. To start it off, Hannah Pechan and Sara Zimmer have known David for a long, long time. They all grew up in Sunday School together and they have some fun stories! They arrived in Friday night (after only a few wrong turns), and we headed out! We ate by candlelight at Tony's where we talked and laughed until it was dark (hence the candlelight). Back at home, we stayed up (late for us, early for Hannah) and continued the fun. I haven't laughed as much as I did this weekend in a long, long time. My abs are still hurting. Thank you, HP.

Saturday got off to an early start. Hannah & Sara almost didn't believe us when we told them we needed to be leaving the house at 8am. We drove up to the Bryant's lake house and rode with them (on the boat) to pick Hayden up from CVP! This was awesome for lots of reasons: 1) new lake house. 2) early morning boat ride in sweatshirts. 3) the merging of some of our favorite people on the planet. 4) showing S&H CVP. 5) being at CVP and seeing some fun friends. Need I go on?

So after we collected a sleepy HayHay, we went back to the house, made and ate breakfast with the whole gang and headed outside. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to spend outside and on the water. It was absolutely gorgeous. So we spent the rest of the day
laying on the dock,
floating in the water,
riding the weenie,
napping,
learning to slalom,
learning about high school boys and their love lives (and vowing to never have children),
snacking,
changing our clothes (oh wait, that was just Hannah),
talking to the 25+ friends and family members around,
and loving every moment of it!


Saturday night we came back to the house and let Hannah & Sara clean out our fridge. No, really. We ate leftovers! haha... we're great hosts. Though David did make a quick grocery run, only to return with exactly what each of us desired (Sara's exact ice cream request- mint with some brownies/chocolate, my bananas, his Digiorno, Hannah's favorite Popsicles- even though she didn't tell him which kind she wanted! what a guy!). One of the best aspects of our time together was the fact that I felt so comfortable with these friends. The three of them have known each other for nearly 20 years, but I'm the new kid on the block. Regardless, they treated me as if I had been there with them at OBF for all of those years.

Sunday we were blessed by an awesome time of worship and teaching at church together, and then home for some killer pancakes a la David. [David is the bomb. He is the best host, ever!] The girls packed up and got on the road after lunch, and we were so sad to see them go. We had the perfect weekend of catching up, reminiscing and loving having friends like each other. I still can't believe God has blessed me with David -- who came with such fabulous friends :). I'm overwhelmed by the blessing of these two girls and can't wait for our next reunion!!

Sunday afternoon we went back out to the lake house for a more low-key afternoon. We literally just lounged around, and it was so nice. I imagine we'll be spending lots of our free time at that little getaway (especially since the Bryants are going to live out there for the next month and during every summer).

No comments: