Wednesday, July 17, 2013

third trimester


Whoa. Third trimester!

A few notes about lately:
  • I have gained 15 pounds. No shame. 
  • I've been trying to go for walks regularly, but when I do I regret it almost immediately because it causes such horrific tailbone pain that lasts for days. 
  • I have a ton of pin head sized hemangeomas all over my body, mostly on my torso.
  • Little Lawson is very active, and he has hiccups about three times a day. 
  • At my last appointment, Dr. Brody told me to start doing kick counts twice a day and that is almost a joke at this point. There's hardly ever a doubt he's in there.
  • We're now on the two week doctor visit schedule, which is exhausting to think about. Last time I was itching to go, now all I think about is logistics of taking Crawford/having someone watch Crawford. 
  • Mom, Dad and Greg all came with me to the last appointment, so they got to a) entertain Crawford and b) see Lawson! It was super special that Greg got to be there since he didn't get to ever do that with Crawford, and he probably won't get to again with Lawson. Mom and Dad were able to go once for each boy now, which is pretty cool considering they live out of town!

People keep asking if we're ready for a second baby. I don't know how to answer that, but I generally say we'll be ready when he's born! I think it will take until then for me to really wrap my mind around having two babies. When I do stop to think about what is going on, I mostly think about the way-in-the-distance future and imagine brothers playing/competing/hanging out. This post was really sweet for me to re-read recently. To now know that we are going to have two boys close in age (not as close at P+J) and that we have such amazing examples of parenting them is such a sweet gift from the Lord.

No comments: