Thursday, August 9, 2012

Columbus weekend and shower

Last weekend, Crawford and I made our way to Columbus for some quality time with Grandy and Wai-Po. I was throwing a bridal shower for Ashley with Courtney, so we took that as a good opportunity to make a long weekend. Unfortunately, David stayed at home (silly work!) and had a bachelor weekend without us. I missed him SO much. As helpful as my family was (and they were!!), there's no replacement for Daddy. 

Crawford especially got a lot of good Grandy time. I kind of monopolized mom while we got ready for the shower, so the little boy and the big boy hung out together a good bit. I don't think either one minded :)




Dad and I took Crawford to the Coca Lake pool one afternoon, and it was so fun. Well, it was fun for me and Dad. Crawford was quite indifferent. He was intrigued by the fountains, but overall I think the water was a tad cold for his liking. It was so special for me to be there with my child (what the what?!) after spending SO much time there in middle school and high school.

The shower was at Courtney's gorgeous house, and it was so nice. It was fun to see Columbus people I hadn't seen in a while and Ash got tons of great gifts. My dad was on baby duty, and it was so nice for me to not worry about him during the shower. He was so, so sweet to Crawford (even when he pooped all over everything...) and to me. I'm so thankful for that Grandy! We stayed after the party and swam for a while, and this time Crawford had a BALL. The water was perfectly warm, and even though he was tired to start off, he played for a good long time (and passed out immediately afterwards).









Overall, it was such a fabulous trip to Columbus, but we missed David and Greg big time. Next time we'll all be together it will be for the wedding! Two months and counting!




No comments: