Monday, July 9, 2012

Waterfront Triathlon

Yesterday I participated in the annual Waterfront Triathlon with my good friends Sam and Leigh Linhoss. They are pros at stuff like this, so I was just tagging along for kicks. We made a relay team, so I did the swim (1.5k), Sam did the bike (42k) and Leigh did the run (10k). We finished in good time, and all of us right on the time we expected to be (me- 30 mins, Sam- 1 hr. 20 mins., Leigh- 1 hour). David, Leigh's parents and the Bogensbergers were there to cheer us on, and we had such a fun morning! I will admit, swimming about 1 mile was way harder than I anticipated. About half way through I was regretting my lack of training (I swam twice... oops). I was definitely glad to finish with a decent (for me) time because it was hard - definitely harder than the swim I did in the Music City Tri.




Cutest cheering section!


please forgive the obnoxious cheering! We were proud and excited!

Every time I do a race, I love it and want to do more. I've been on a pretty good once-a-year schedule lately (2012- Waterfront Tri, 2011- Louisville 1/2 marathon, 2010- Music City Tri, 2008- Mercedes 1/2 marathon), and I definitely want to at least keep that up. So, what's next??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys do win 1st place for cutest cheering section!

Congrats on an awesome finish. Can't wait to all be back together on Wednesday!