Tuesday, June 26, 2012

praise report!

I don't even know where to begin...

Thank You!

and

Praise the Lord!

seem to be good places.

After my (slightly ridiculous and overly emotional) post last week, I received so many emails, comments, texts and phone calls of encouragement. I was, again, overwhelmed. But this time- in the best possible way.

The Lord answered all of my prayers, in His perfect timing. I could list the specific instances of Spirit-filled conversations, increase in my milk supply (thanks for the recommendations! fenugreek, oatmeal, Gatorade, lots of water, let him nurse as long as he will), and overall attitude-improvement.

So we went back to the doctor this morning for Crawford's weight check. Last Monday he weighed 12 pounds, 11 ounces and she wanted him to gain .5-1 ounce per day (4-8 ounces). Today he weighs 13 pounds, 6 ounces. He gained 11 ounces!! The first thing Dr. Brannon said was "Praise the Lord!", which made my heart happy because that was/is exactly how I felt, and it was encouraging to know that she understood how much this meant to me. And yes, PRAISE THE LORD!!

He was happy as a lark today at the dr!

In other related-to-my-last-post news... I'm feeling and doing so much better. I have some fabulous friends who continually encourage me and tell me to chill out. I could not do life without these girls in my business day in and day out.

I do apologize for sounding (and being) whiny and complain-y. I have so, so much to be thankful for and I never want to take it for granted. I especially never want Crawford to feel like he is the source of my stress or issues. They are all mine, and he is nothing but total joy. He really is. I am sure as he gets older he'll become more trying, but for now I am enjoying this dreamboat baby I have the privilege of hanging out with every day. It is my dream job.

We spent much of the day Sunday hanging out at the lake, and it was just what I needed. Crawford (per usual) was perfect. When he needed a nap he took one. We laid him down inside once, and he slept on my chest in the shady part of the dock for another nap. It was refreshing to just do our thing, and take good care of C simultaneously. Like real life. Our little family.

 actually sucking on his thumb... uh oh!

I'm chilling out, and trying to just take every day for what it brings. If the little guy isn't on any sort of routine or schedule for another few months, so be it. He's happy and healthy, and that's what matters most. If we don't make it to play group for a month, oh well. It'll be there next month, and my friends totally understand.

I've been sad that our families are so far away, so Crawford and I are going on a road trip next week to Ohio! It may take us 10 hours to get there, but it is what this mama needs.

David doesn't have the Fourth of July off work, so he's taking this Friday off and my wheels are churning thinking of all the family fun we're going to have together! This is the last weekend for a while with not much on the agenda, and we're going to maximize our freedom!

So, all in all, thanks for listening to my rant(s). This blog really is just for our family to keep a record of our story, but it has been such a source of encouragement for me over the years. Sorry if I haven't texted/called/emailed you back yet, I will. I've been processing and praying and learning through this season, and I pray that doesn't end any time soon.

No comments: