Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Harley's beach trip

We took Harley to the beach on Thanksgiving morning, just to see what he would do. Well, the trip turned sour somewhere between the car and the ocean when he stepped in a bush full of sand spurs (?)... He had this tiny little prickly things ALL over him, and they were embedded between the pads on his feet! So we spent the first 15 minutes wrestling with the dog and picking those awful things off him.

After the drama was over and he realized he wasn't hurting anymore (poor thing just wanted to be held because his feet hurt)... Harley went nuts. He was chasing birds and licking seashells and playing in the tide like a cute little puppy.



We took him home, bathed him (by we I mean David) and he was as good as new.

Then, he barfed everywhere because he swallowed some salt water.

Amen.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Dearest Em,

Sometimes I do this thing where I like to catch up on your blog all at once. Thus far, I have laughed until I peed my pants (Amen) and ordered a book off Amazon. And this is only after the first two posts. Who knows what else the day will bring? You are an inspiration.

Love you friend!