Wednesday, May 6, 2009

productivity

I really like to be productive. I like to make a list, then do the things on my list and cross them off. I get the greatest sense of accomplishment from having a completed list. Sometimes I will even add things to my list that weren't on it originally- just to cross them off to make myself feel better about being productive (yes, I'm sick, I know).

Last night was a productive night! David had his first class of the first summer term (yep, no break between spring and summer terms), but he got out early! I was able to take the dog on a long run (ok, long for us... not that long in real people terms), do all the ironing (which was a lot since it hadn't been touched in... a while), simultaneously catch up on Dancing with the Stars and tidy things up around the house before he got home (dinner was in the crock pot. and it was gross.). Since he got home early, he had time to mow the lawn and blow off the porch and driveway. So by dinnertime, we had conquered much of our to do lists. Post-dinner we cleaned the couch cushions [side note about our couch cushions: if you are in the couch-buying market and you aren't looking to get leather, I recommend looking for cushions that have removable- and machine washable- covers. Ours aren't, and man it would make life much easier if they were.] and got to spend a little bit of time just hanging out and playing with the dog.

All in all, it was a great night- largely due to our productivity. Tonight needs to be equally productive because I have floors that need cleaning and we have company coming!

Thursday night: Andy
Friday night: Sharon

Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are you doing with the crock pot? I'm playing around with mine and the things I can do.... having grown up on basically 2 different kinds of crock pot meals, my creativity gets boring fast.

meal 1- roast beef or pork with potatoes and veggies
meal 2- some kind of soup

maybe we nee crock pot cook books!
<><

Beth said...

So, what did you attempt to make in the crock?
I have a few good crock pot recipes. I'll blog them sometime and you can try them. :)