Thursday, May 7, 2009

11 days to embarkation

Yes, embarkation is a word. They use it on the Royal Caribbean website.

11 days! Thank you, Ashley for graduating from college. David and I are SOOO excited about heading out of town one week from tomorrow to begin our vacation! We'll go first to Birmingham to spend the day watching Ashley get pinned and graduate, then we'll spend 2 nights in Columbus and one in Jacksonville (with family hopefully!) en route to the cruise! Harley will spend the week boarded with my parents three dogs in Columbus, so he'll be leaving town with us (which reminds me... I need to talk to Chuck about 'house sitting'). We'll be cruising through the Bahamas for 5ish days, and I can.not.wait. A few things I'm most excited about:

  • Spending time with my family.
  • Playing lots of cards and Catan.
  • Hanging out with my parents.
  • Eating awesome food (this is definitely what David is most excited about).
  • Getting a tan (prayerfully).
  • Reading, reading and more reading. All of this (again). And definitely this Becca recommendation. Other recommendations?
  • A break from work clothes and a chance to lounge around in whatever I want.
  • Coming back from a week-long vacation and having a holiday at work (thank you, Memorial Day!) - and getting to spend it at camp (thank you, boat driver training!)!

There are probably many more fun things about it, but I need to contain my excitement so I don't totally flake out on all of my responsibilities between now and then.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I read through all of the Chronicles of Narnia over Christmas break and would pick them up again in a heartbeat! I'm so excited for you going on the cruise, it sounds so fun! And excited that you'll be up at camp for boat driver training since I'll be there too! :)

Beth said...

I'm jealous! I love cruises!