Saturday, May 18, 2013

Feeling blessed

As I sit in our fabulous beach condo listening to the tranquil sounds of the pool fountain, regularly checking the monitor to see if the baby is asleep yet, and feeling the six inches of tiny baby Lawson gurgling around inside me, I am overwhelmed with the feeling in my chest. It's been bubbling all day, all week, really.

Thankful.

David got a job. A job he had applied for before he even lost his. The only job he really had his eye and his heart set on. As it turns out, he will start his new gig before his severance even runs out. Double dipping! My dad predicted this would happen the day I told him David lost his job. In fact, everyone close to us has been so excited to see what happens next because they all could feel how right this is. Old job? Crap insurance, zilch vacation time, 83 miles round trip and mean boss. New job? Insurance company thus amazing benefits, double vacation time, downtown office (6 miles! home for lunch!) and pretty easy-going, family oriented team to work with. Hello, Lord! Thank you!!

We have been enjoying our beach vacation (that was planned before the job change) this week, and we've even extended it on both sides to see some family. David starts 6/3 so we still have a few weeks to squeeze in some fun. I'm so proud of David and so thankful for the Lord's provision, but I'm secretly sad for this time to come to an end. I'm going to need lots of play dates and outings starting in June! This truly has been the sweetest time for our little family. Crawford is going to need baby therapy when David isn't around all day every day. I know all kids love their parents (right?? Right.), but this kid has gotten used to some serious daddy-attention and losing that will not go unnoticed. He wakes up saying "dadee dadee" and doesn't stop all day long. I am chopped liver, and I'm (mostly) ok with it 😉. I've gotten pretty used to getting to hang out with my BFF 24/7 too. At first I thought we'd drive each other crazy after a few days, but that time never came. It's been four weeks and I get sad if we run errands apart. The Lord knew we needed this time for us

So, I'm being rambly (but I cried like a lot during The Office season finale, so at least I'm not being weepy...), but I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks to everyone who was encouraging and supportive. Thanks to all my friends who have understand my being MIA in order to soak up my family time. Thanks to our families who have let us rearrange our plans and have celebrated with us this week. 

Most of all, "Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name!" 1 Chronicles 29:13

2 comments:

Kristen said...

EM!!!! Such great news!!! Soooo glad to hear this!! Have so much fun in the next couple weeks! Love y'all!!

Vanessa Lee said...

So glad to hear that David got a BETTER job! It's awesome how that works out, just gotta keep the faith. The SAME thing happened to us. :) Enjoy your vacay and family time!