Tuesday, November 13, 2012

my thankful list

Lots of people on facebook are writing a "thankful" post every day in November, but I thought I would just list mine here (in no particular order):
  1. a husband who isn't phased by poop or vomit. 
  2. the baby kisses Crawford gives me (even though it just means he sucks on my lips and sticks his tongue in my mouth).
  3. modern day medicine (epidurals!)
  4. my new niece or nephew that will be here in May! (the twins are going to be big siblings!)
  5. family that will travel to visit
  6. facetime
  7. peanut butter
  8. that Crawford has been almost 100% healthy his whole little life
  9. that my brother was unaffected by Hurricane Sandy (he lives in NYC! didn't even lose power!)
  10. UTC
  11. consignment sales and co-ops
  12. the "big" kids that Crawford gets to be around and learn from - and their moms 
  13. Lypsyl
  14. my job as stay at home mom 
  15. my (new) part-time gigs that keep me busy, busy 
  16. corduroy pants 
  17. friends that I don't have to clean my house for (which, let's face it, is a requirement for being my friend) 
  18. breast feeding. It has been at the top of the list of my greatest joys of mommy hood. Especially since I've been donating breast milk to a sweet lady in town (thanks for the connection, Alex!) 
  19. Toms 
  20. that Crawford has cousins around his age
  21. sweatpants 
  22. my mini van (never thought I'd say that one...) 
  23. my inherited-by-marriage siblings 
  24. facebook,  my new iPhone and Instagram
  25. places with drive throughs 
  26. our home 
  27. Crawford wearing overalls  
  28. Crawford wearing corduroy pants 
  29. Crawford wearing soft-soled shoes
  30. grace
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 comment:

Hannah said...

oh geesh. donating breast milk? i love that idea so much. whenever i learned about that happening in my doula world i was weep city.

Also, new job?? tell me more!