Thursday, September 24, 2009

to sell or not to sell...




So, here's the thing. My mom is creative. (So is my dad but that's a whole other blog post.) Over the years, my mom has manifested her creativity in an array of hobbies: toll painting (oh baby), knitting, cross-stiching, sewing (clothes for me and my sister, of course), quilting, scrapbooking (Emily's Life volumes I, II, III, IV), jewelry making (the bridesmaid's jewelry for our wedding!) and most recently- stamping. Most hobbies come and go, but stamping has stuck around. She's heavily invested in Stampin' Up products and she has some serious skillz.
I guess "stamping" is too vague to describe what she does. She makes cards. Lots and lots of lovely cards.

Just to demonstrate how awesome she is, these were the birthday cards David and I got this year:

Clearly, we're not even just talking about stamps. She's the real deal.

After being in Columbus and stealing as many adorable cards as possible, it has been on my brain a lot. Maybe it's because I don't have any marketable skill that I love (read: hobby) and could do at my own pace, from home, yadda yadda (though, I'm all for people paying me to organize their stuff... that may be my calling), but whatever "it" is has caused me to think about turning my mom's hobby into something more.

The question is... should she (we) open an Etsy shop to sell my mom's cards? Yeah, there's no commitment and it's really not a big decision to make, but I need some convincing power from the blog community! This lady uses Stampin' Up stuff to make her cards, but Mom is way better and more creative.

A few more examples:



So here's my shameless plug to VOTE (see the poll in the right-hand column) and help me convince my mom to make it happen!!

5 comments:

Theresa Garcia said...

Do it, do it, do it! See? three votes from Theresa. :)

SarahKL said...

They are so adorable - she's got it goin' on!! :)

Suzie said...

SO cute, Emily! She has a true talent! I say go for it! I know I'd buy some!

NatnAlly said...

I love Etsy, I buy stuff on there all of the time. I think it's a great idea!

anna c. said...

that's my kind of woman.