Thursday, March 2, 2017

Eve is {ONE}

Weight- 16 lbs. 10oz.
Height- 

Eve Louise,
You are one today and I just can't believe it. This has literally been the fastest year of our lives - and I'd argue the best! You are a total joy. The past couple of months have been riddled with ear infections and pain for you, which has completely broken my heart! You really have been such a trooper though, and we're hopeful that you are on the mend. Dr. Good said you would definitely need tubes if we weren't so close to spring, so hopefully the end of cold and flu season will bring with it some consistent health for you!

Eve, at ONE YEAR OLD, you:

  • pull up, but don't cruise a ton. You are very motivated to get on the hearth where Crawford has been playing with his birthday legos, and it makes him crazy. Since you've figured out you can stand, you're definitely testing your boundaries much more. 
  • have four teeth (all on the bottom). I'm willing to bet your "fang" teeth will be the next ones to come in! 
  • wave and say "hi". 
  • still don't say many words, but you jibber jabber and sing a lot. And you're SO friendly! You wave and smile to everyone you see. 
  • had your first consequence (a smack on the hand) for playing with a plug in the outlet. You totally understood me telling you "no" and you kept playing with it anyway. You cried the most pitiful cry :(
  • go completely willingly to childcare (at BSF, church, babysitters), and generally bring everyone so much joy!
  • still totally adore Lawson, and the feeling is mutual. He is obsessed with you. He has figured out how to carry you around, and though it terrifies me, it is adorable to watch. And you stinking love it. Whenever we go in to wake the boys up (in the morning or after nap), if I put you in bed with him, he is immediately in a good mood. He snuggles up with you and you just can't hardly handle your excitement.
  • are pretty agile. You have climbed all the way under the boys' bed to play with a toy, and successfully gotten yourself back out uninjured. 
  • are nursing about 4x a day and once at night. I'm totally fine with it. I figure I'll sleep through the night again one day ;) 
One realization I've had recently is that I feel so strongly about you being well-rounded. I want to go shopping and get mani-pedis with you, and then I want you to run around in the mud with your brothers. I want you to be nurturing and maternal and athletic and active. I hope you babysit and go fishing! However, my greatest desire for you (and your brothers!) is for you to walk with the Lord. My flesh often thinks about things I want for you (like happiness and love and adventure- which are all good things), but above ALL else, I pray that you know and love Jesus and His word. It is such a tall order to raise you with the fear of the Lord, but we are relying on God's grace every single day!

We are having a big blow out birthday bash for you on Saturday, and I can't wait! You are so worth celebrating, our girl. I have shed more than a few tears thinking about how good the Lord has been to give us to you. I don't know if I've ever written out the whole story of how you came to be, but suffice it to say, His hand is ALL OVER your little life. We praise Him every day for bringing you into this world and especially for making you a Geyer in Chatt :). 

Happy first birthday, precious girl! You are the BEST!

No comments: