Monday, August 31, 2009

weekend rewind

We had another full, fast and fun weekend (yay, alliteration)!

Friday. Birmingham with the Bryants to watch MS play Samford soccer! They beat Alabama 3-0! GO Bulldogs!


In addition to watching MS start and play the whole game, I was pumped to get to see my best college buds (KRay& Jme) and my sister!

MS post-game, signing autographs :)

After the game, we went out to eat (yes, at 10:15) with the whole gang. Always so fun to get to be together!

We rolled into town at 3am Saturday morning after a long, but FUN day! We're so glad we went.
For some crazy reason, I was up early Saturday morning after only sleeping for a couple of hours... so, I texted Sarah and told her I was on my way to pick her up to go yard sale-ing! We had a great time, though we were mostly unsucsessful at the yard sales. She did snag a rug and I got a shirt & pair of shoes (yep, from a yard sale). We finally went to Hobby Lobby where we knew we wouldn't leave empty handed. Projects to come!
I hurried home to grab a much needed nap before David and I spent the evening wining and dining at Siskin Children's Institute's Star Night. UTC had a table, so I was hosting 3 other young alumni couples. Boyz II Men was the performer, and it was a lot of fun. I thought I would be more familiar with their songs, but there were only 2 that I knew. They looked old and fat, but really put on a great show.

After another late night Saturday, it was hard to get up early for church! We helped in the 3-4 year old class and it was exhausting! I never notice how long church goes until I spend it with a room full of kids!

Kevin and Lynn Bryant went back to Birmingham for another [successful] soccer game, so they dropped the other kids off at our house on their way out of town. We went to lunch and took Hayden to soccer practice, then headed out to their lake house. They're still living out there for the time being, so it was nice to relax. We drove the boat down to CVP to see our Crusade friends from UTC and on the way back I decided to ski a bit. Someone jokingly asked if I wanted to ski the whole way home, but they all agreed that I couldn't do it. SO, of course I had to prove them wrong! It was about 20 minutes and we're guessing 3 or so miles. I am feeling it today!

Needless to say, we went straight to bed when we got home last night!

Now back to the grind! This week is full of anticipation for a great weekend in Columbus for the Altrusa book sale! Read my post about the 2007 sale here.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That bow tie is hilarious! Emily, you look so pretty and tan!