Monday, August 10, 2009

change me, Lord

A good friend challenges you to be better. Fortunately, I have friends like this. You do life with them. You know their heart and they know yours. Because of that bond- they call you out when you are hurting them, hurting others or hurting yourself- and you listen. They want you to look more like Jesus, and want to help you in that journey. Thank the Lord for these kind of friends! It might be hard to take initially, but if someone calls you out because you hurt them- listen! They wouldn't do it if they didn't care.


Because I have such a friend, I've been faced with some of my ugliest sin recently.


I want to be the kind of person who's word is taken seriously. If I commit to doing something or being somewhere, I want to do it and be there. As frustrated as I get when other people don't value this quality, I'm not always the best about it either. I want my 'yes' to be 'yes' and my 'no' to be 'no'.


Thus, I'm acting. I'm trying. I'm taking steps towards change. And I'm excited about the Lord showing up and transforming me.

No comments: